Yesterday Adam and I went over to visit our friends who just lived a couple doors down. I took adahleigh over to play on there swing set. At first i didn't even notice them! But all the sudden adahleigh screamed and tried to jump out of my arms. She screamed for a couple minutes. All the sudden the bees started flying around me so i ran and gave her to adam and told him i think she had been stung. He started looking over her and finally found it on her leg. The next thing he told me to do was get some mud. Needless to say the neighbors now have a whole in there garden and a pile a mud in the swimming pool. Once we got the mud on she felt right to sleep. (She had only had a ten minute nap all day!) I took her home and let her rest, she slept for almost an hour and when she woke up. She was as good as new. The mud came off and they only thing there was a little red dot!
Here is a picture of her with mud on her leg. I think we got lucky by her sleeping. She would have pulled the mud off if she had been awake! Adahleigh and I are so grateful we have adam in our lives. He is always so calm and knows what to do when in a crisis. Yes i will be honest i was frantic the second she started screaming, adam had to keep telling me she will be fine!

2 comments:
Sad, I guess now you know she isn't alergic.
Reminds me of when I got stung at age four... I tried catching a bee by cupping my hands over the flower it had landed on... (good idea in a four-year olds head, BAD IDEA IN REALITY) with the same result. Sting + crying + MUD = Remedy. It really does work.
From that time on I felt like Dr.Quinn Medicine Women and would make mud to put on my skin for fun thinking it had some magical healing power.
Post a Comment